Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic Church
BISHOP'S ANNUAL APPEAL
The Bishop's Annual Appeal is well underway. This is the annual request for financial assistance to those ministries of the Diocese which serve the needy. As of March 6, we have 23% or 252 of our 1,100 parish families contirbuting. They have contributed $54,451, which is 43% of our goal of $126,356. If you have yet to contribute, please prayerfully consider making a donation. The people who are being served by the ministries of the Diocese need your support. Thank you!
· Join us for Stations of the Cross every Friday at 12 noon during Lent, except on Good Friday.
· If you are being called to serve our Lord, but not sure how to serve Him, please consider becoming an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion. Mary Round is holding a training session Friday, March 21st at 1:30 PM in Founders Hall following Stations of the Cross.
· During this Lenten season take time and spend one hour with Jesus in our Adoration Chapel. The rewards are great and, who knows, you could become a perpetual adorer! Our chapel is open until 2:00 PM daily. Stop in for a visit today.
· Our parish mission begins March 29th with Fr. Mike Joly who will be speaking at all the Masses that weekend. The mission continues Monday through Wednesday, March 31st through April 2nd at 7:00 pm in the church. The talks will last a little over an hour. We will have more information in future bulletins.
· For information about the Lenten Pilgrimage with Bishop Burbidge April 5th in Washington D.C. visit the diocesan website: http://www.dioceseofraleigh.org/events/pilgrimage/
· Please help us to meet our 2014 BAA goal of $126,356. As of March 2nd our parishioners have contributed $45,441, which is 36% of our goal. Thank you for your support! Father Burch
Saturday 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m.
Daily recitation of Rosary after Mass.
LENTEN PENANCE SERVICE:
Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 11:00 am
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday 3:30 p.m. or by appointment.
The parish community celebrates reconciliation within Penance Services during Advent and Lent.
If you wish to receive the sacraments at home because of illness, handicap, or age, telephone the church office.
If hospitalized, please call the church office 910-295-6550