Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic Church
· Our hearts are moved by the enduring generosity and abundant love of God.
· The truth of our existence is this: God loves us! His disposition toward us, his sons and daughters, is that we should again and again encounter God’s abundant love. Our challenge? How do we respond to such a gift? Will we strive to be as generous as possible with our own resources? Will we be limitless in our forgiveness?
· The reading from Isaiah affirms that God is always with us, helping us respond to the needs in our lives. In the second reading, Saint Paul asks us to see that absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of God. In the Gospel, we see God’s love in action as Jesus, moved by compassion, miraculously feeds all who have gathered.
· This being Good Samaritan Sunday, our generosity and compassion toward others, allows us, and those in need, to experience the abundant love of God in our lives. Father Burch
· Today we welcome Rosemary Martin, Associate Member of the Dominican Sisters of Adrian, Michigan. She brings with her information about their mission both locally and internationally. Please welcome her!
· Today is Good Samaritan Sunday. It is always the first weekend of the month. Your generosity is so appreciated by our Mission Church, San Juan Diego. See page 3 for list of items requested.
· Join Bishop Burbidge for Catholic Family Day at the Durham Bulls on August 17th. See the Diocesan events calendar online for your registration flyer and details. http://www.dioceseofraleigh.org/events/
· August 15th is the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is a Holyday of Obligation. Our Masses will be on Thursday, August 14th at 6:00 PM and on Friday, August 15th at 8:00 AM and 10:45 Mass.
Please remember to silence your electronic devices prior to entering the Sanctuary. Thank you!
Saturday 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m.
Daily recitation of Rosary after Mass.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturdays 3:30 pm or every First Friday of each month following Benediction or by appointment. The parish community celebrates reconciliation within Penance Services during Advent and Lent.
If you wish to receive the sacraments at home because of illness, handicap, or age, telephone the church office.
If hospitalized, please call the church office 910-295-6550