Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic Church
· Our hope rests in the Good News of Jesus Christ, and today we are invited to renew our “Yes” to Jesus.
· In our Gospel today, Jesus encourages us to sell everything in order to receive the gift of the Kingdom. St. Paul shows us in the second reading that the Kingdom is our relationship with Jesus, whereby we are conformed to his image and made children of God. In our first reading, Solomon shows us the disposition necessary for receiving the Kingdom.
· The Good News of Jesus Christ has a way of tugging at our hearts. Our hope, as children of God, of receiving the Kingdom calls us forward, but, at the same time, we are also pulled away from the Gospel and toward the idols of this life. Today we are invited to stake everything on Jesus and to say “Yes” to his Kingdom again.
· Surgery to replace my left knee has been postponed for at least three months due to finding a blood clot behind my right knee. Doctors have prescribed medicine to dissolve the clot which will take a minimum of three months. Changes will be needed for Masses and work hours due to this condition. Your prayers are appreciated.
· Next weekend is Good Samaritan Weekend. Items donated may be left in the Gathering Area. Thank you for your generosity.
· Please note, the 2015 Mass Book will be opening in mid September. Please watch Bulletin for dates.
· We will be welcoming Rosemary Martin, representing the Adrian Dominican Sisters, on August 2, 2014. She is well versed in the Congregation’s missionary effort and is an enthusiastic preacher. She will be sharing information about their mission both locally and internationally. Please welcome her on that day.
Please remember to silence your electronic devices prior to entering the Sanctuary. Thank you!
Saturday 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 8:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m.
Daily recitation of Rosary after Mass.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturdays 3:30 pm or every First Friday of each month following Benediction or by appointment. The parish community celebrates reconciliation within Penance Services during Advent and Lent.
If you wish to receive the sacraments at home because of illness, handicap, or age, telephone the church office.
If hospitalized, please call the church office 910-295-6550